Re: [Exim] Proposals for handling large, split queues

Author: Julian King
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Proposals for handling large, split queues
> (1) Exim allows you to start a queue run from a specific message, e.g.
>
>       exim -q 12X0I6-0000i3-0

>       (and indeed to stop it at a specific message).

> I wonder if anybody has ever actually used this facility? It obviously
> only applies to manually started queue runs. I can't remember why it
> got implemented - it's been in Exim for a very long time.
>
> I would like to abolish this feature. Are there any objections?

I haven't ever used this feature, but only because I wasn't aware of
it. Otherwise I would have used it when clearing mail queues on
machines where I knew that the top 'n' messages weren't going to shift,
and have started them from n+1. Admittedly I won't miss the feature, and
would just continue using exim -bp | tail |sed|othermagic

Not a real objection so much as an observation of its possible use.

Julian