[Exim] ETRN with help from external programs?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] ETRN with help from external programs?
Hi!

I would like to support ETRN like FAQ0521 suggests. I have taken a
look at ssmtp and I feel that using that program would be some kind of
pain because of the following reasons:

- It can't natively read bsmtp, maildir or mailstore directories and
must rely on some other program like formail to pipe the messages
into.
- The host to forward the messages to must be specified in the config
file, and ssmtp doesn't have a command line option to specifiy the
config file. Thus, ssmtp must be hacked to be used in this
environment.

Did somebody out there successfully implement the scheme suggested in
FAQ0521 and would like to share experiences?

I feel it could be possible to use the perl module Net:SMTP to
implement that stuff myself, but I'd rather ask if this kind of wheel
has already been invented.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc