Re: [Exim] Routing after permanent failures

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lorens Kockum
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Routing after permanent failures
On exim-users ph10@??? wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, David John SUMMERS wrote:
>> The question is how
>> I force the email onto the smart host router after the email has
>> permanently failed after a direct delivery attempt; what I seem to want
>
>All I can suggest is that you build up a list of domains that suffer
>from this problem - i.e. *must* go to the smart host. Then exclude them
>from the general router:

I supect David is on a dial-up, and is having problems with
people rejecting mail from dial-ups. Am I correct? My
sympathies. Or else he's on some other blocking list, in which
case sympathy will be hard to find.

If that is the problem, he obviously can't make a list of
domains that suffer from the problem.

In that case, use the smart host all the time, and if it's a bad
quality smart host, find another one. For a dialup, only good
way to do it is by VPN, which of course needs outside help...