Re: [Exim] $interface_host ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: patl
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] $interface_host ?
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 patl@??? wrote:

> We've been concentrating on the qualify_domain issue, which is
> looking a bit hairy; but that's the least important part of what
> I'd like to do for virtual hosting. An interface_host variable,
> or other easy way to do a reverse-DNS lookup on $interface_address,
> would handle my filename expansion needs. Are there any other places
> where it still wouldn't be enough to make a virtual host look 'real'?

Dunno. I'm not into this virtual host business!

> It looks like replacing ${primary_hostname} with ${interface_host}
> should fix up the HELO/EHLO for both incoming and outgoing messages
> to virtual IP addresses. And in the remote_smtp transport I can
> set 'interface = $interface_address' to ensure that outgoing relayed
> messages use the virtual host's IP address.

No you can't. Not yet. This has been on the List for some time:

(56) 07-Dec-98 M Expand "interface" and key waiting db with it
Lutz Pressler <Lutz.Pressler@???>

The "interface" option in the smtp transport is currently a fixed IP address.
Expanding it allows for more flexible support of "virtual hosts"; however it
also means changing the waiting database to be keyed by interface as well as
remote IP address.

> (Is this safe in the
> case of locally generated messages where the interface is unknown?
> Will it just fall back to the default, as though I hand't specified
> an interface?)

There's another WL item suggesting a list of addresses which are tried
in order. That would give you the facility you need.