著者: Philip Hazel
To: patl
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] $interface_host ?
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 patl@??? wrote:

> > qualify_domain is not an expanded variable; it is one of the basic bits
> > of data for the configuration.
>
> Hmm. I knew it was global and processed fairly early; but I was
> hoping it would expand once.

If you are using a daemon, that wouldn't help! You would need it expanded
at the start of every incoming message.

> An interface_host variable would provide the cleanest way for me
> to do obtain the proper hostname. A DNS lookup method that took
> both the key and the record type would be almost as clean; and more
> flexable.

Both ideas noted.

> Since qualify_domain isn't expanded, perhaps the easiest method would
> be to add a qualify_domain_use_interface boolean. When true, and when
> an interface is known, it would override any other specification of
> qualify_domain and use the interface hostname.

But because there is both qualify_domain and qualify_recipient, it gets
rather messy. I'll take a look at the uses of qualify_domain. It may be
that it could be expanded.

> Hmmm. As I review the docs, I see that unqualified senders and
> recipients should only be accepted for locally generated mail;

... and also from those hosts specified by {sender,receiver}_unqualified
hosts ...