Re: [Exim] Spam (again)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Spam (again)
Ian Southam <exim@???> probably said:
> I have seen a trend (three times now), where a user sets up an SMTP
> mailer on one of our dialup ports and then sends mail direct to an
> open relay somewhere.

> A couple of our dialup ports are now coming up in ORBS as a result. Now I am
> not too worried about that because in the end, customers shouldn't be sending
> SMTP mail direct anyhow. I am worried about our reputation though and
> wondered if, anybody had come up with any effective strategy against this?

You could make sure your dialup blocks are listed in the dialup RBL.
http://mail.abuse.net/dul/
but thats mostly to appear nice and help those who use it - doesn't stop
the 3rd party spamming.

Some ISPs are filtering outbound traffic to port 25, but I'm kinda in
two minds about that one - it's antisocial to clueful people.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???