Re: [Exim] Adding Headers from a filter file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Adding Headers from a filter file?
On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:18:23 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Marc Haber wrote:
>> Is it possible to have a filter file add headers to a message before
>> forwarding it? I didn't find that mentioned in the filter spec.
>
>From the system filter, yes. From a user filter, no.

This question is related to my current autoresponder work in progress.
I am moving to my own domain, as you might have noticed from my From:
header changing in January. Old E-Mail Addresses are being phased out
by being forwarded to new addresses in my own domain. On some of the
old accounts, exim is used too. I have .forward files there to do the
forwarding.

However, in my autoresponse, I'd like to have the original address the
e-mail was sent to mentioned in the body. In the case where exim does
the forwarding, the original envelope is only preserved in the remote
exim's Received: headers. Pulling these out in the autoresponding
.forward file on my MX would be a major pain, I suppose.

Is there a way to have that solved without having root on the remote
exim, or is this a first application for a perl function in the user
filter?

Greetings
Marc