Re: [Exim] a little confused about exim_tidydb

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bruce Bowler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] a little confused about exim_tidydb
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> According to the documentation on the exim web site, I think I should be
> able to do
>
>    exim_tidydb -f /path/to/spool retry

> and end up with an essentially empty retry database (quoting the docs "The
> `-f' option can also be used for the retry database; it causes the removal
> of any retry records for specific messages if those messages no longer exist.")

To get an empty database you need to either

(a) Use the -t option to remove records older than a certain time, e.g. -t 1s
    will remove pretty well all of them.

(b) Just rm it!

> 02-Mar-2000 15:12:21  03-Mar-2000 01:34:16  03-Mar-2000 06:04:16
>    T:mx2.mail.yahoo.com:128.11.23.223 60 77 Connection timed out

That is not a retry record for a specific message. It is a retry record
for a specific host.

I will try to make the documentation clearer at the next revision.