RE: [Exim] invalid expansion again...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: Bruce Bowler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] invalid expansion again...
On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:34:29 -0500 Bruce Bowler wrote:

Hello,

> Exim 3.03

> In the main section of configure, I have

> print_topbitchars=true

OK.

(snip)

> uservacation:
>    driver =  autoreply
>    user = ${local_part}
>    once = ${home}/vacation
>    file = ${home}/vacation.txt
>    log  = ${home}/vacation.log
>    once_repeat = 7d
>    to = "${sender_address}"
>    subject =  "${if def:h_Subject: {Autoreply: ${quote:$h_Subject:}}
> {Automatic reply to your message}}"

Mmmhhh.... I also had this problem. Try arranging this to you needs.

subject = "Vacation-reply: ${escape:${length_50:$header_subject:}}"

The problem I had was that some MTAs inserted <CR> when the subject
header was too long (ie > 80 chars), or something similar. Since
I introduced this I no longer had any problems.

> I HUPed the daemon after I made the changes and I still, on occasion, get
> messages in the log that look like

>        user@??? <user@???> D=uservacation
>        T=uservacation: Expansion of "${if def:h_Subject: {Autoreply:
>        ${quote:$h_Subject:}} {Automatic reply to your message}}"
>        in uservacation transport contains non-printing characters

> Looking at the message (by this time in Eudora on a PC, not on the server),
> it looks like there was a carriage return in the subject line. How can
> this be fixed?

The subject as provided has been working for me for more than half
a year now :-)

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???