著者: Petr Cech
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] local delivery problem
On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 03:58:54PM +0000 , Sergio Brandano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using 3.12-6 on Debian-i686 woody.

Sometimes it's better to file a bug on Debian package - the maintainer know
the system.

> When delivering a mail, the mail remains in the queue and the
> following message is stored in /var/spool/exim/msglog:
>
> 2000-03-02 15:54:10 sb@??? <root@???>: local_delivery transport deferred: Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post /var/spool/mail/sb.lock.maya.dcs.qmw.ac.uk.38be8ea2.0000222b

check existance of /var/spool/mail if you upgraded from potato it should be
real directory with 2775 root.mail. Woody will default to /var/mail with
symlink to /var/spool/mail but all Debian systems now (without admins
interevention) will have /var/spool/mail

> What do I need to do in order to have the mail (locally) delivered?

Is it the default config of some hand editings have been done to it?

                Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@???