Re: [Exim] Tarpit SPAM trap

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andromeda
A: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Tarpit SPAM trap
At 11:08 02/03/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Does anybody know of "Teergrube" patches for qmail, or exim.
>Has anybody tried this before. What resources do I have to have
>available on my end to sink the other server without sinking my own?

Ian, I would not suggest using this patch. Why? Because it is rude. It is
absolutely unnecessary. Just swallow the messages, or keep on
double-bouncing them. Follow up on AOL, and make sure that ALL headers are
displayed.

If necessary, use host_reject_recipients to blacklist the third-party
relays that are actively being used as they arrive at your location, so
that they cannot even CONNECT to your server in the future and choke on the
spam that way. Let them deal with it. I personally have around 90
third-party relays listed that are blacklisted on my servers for relaying,
which cuts down spam incredibly.

The only stuff I get is when it is forwarded from another server that does
not have the same anti-spam rules that I do.

Regards

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/
Home of Search & Replace 98