[Exim] DNS lookup problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Cheetham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] DNS lookup problem
I've just had (in the last couple of hours) a mail delivery problem that it
is purely internal, and should be completely under my control ... but I
can't figure out what I've done to cause it ...

Incoming mail is processed by the exim machine, where the majority of local
users have their mail delivered. However, some users collect their mail
from another machine (still running sendmail) and I'm sending this lot on
using aliases :-
user:    user@???

However, today all I'm getting for these users are lookup failures :-
$ /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt user@othermachine
user@othermachine cannot be resolved at this time:
host lookup did not complete
$ ping othermachine
PING othermachine.domain.name (10.10.1.2): 56 data bytes

I didn't think I'd changed the DNS. Or the Exim configuration. Obviously
I've done something. There's an Address record for othermachine in the DNS
- there isn't an MX record, and never has been.

On one level, I'd like to find out what changed. I could just migrate all
the users over to the exim machine (which I want to do in the medium term
anyway) but how can I deliver all their queued email in the meantime?

--
Jim Cheetham, Reading Room E: J.Cheetham@???
T: +44 20 7734 9499 F: +44 20 7692 5560 W: http://www.rroom.co.uk