Re: [Exim] Preventing Mail Loops with autoreplies, MTA on th…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Preventing Mail Loops with autoreplies, MTA on the other side broken?
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:10:04 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I have an old account at a site running PP. Let that account's e-mail
>> address be o@othersite. I have set up a .mailfilter that forwards
>> incoming e-mail to a-othersite@mysite which is in turn locally aliased
>> to a@mysite where the mail is finally delivered.
>
>Forwarders that generate new messages instead of just forwarding the old
>one are always in danger of creating mail loops.

So the fault is with the PP at othesite?

>> Given that the original message's sender was postmaster@mysite, why
>> was the auto reply not sent to postmaster@mysite but rather to
>> o@otherside which supposedly is the envelope on the redirected
>> message? The docs say that if I omit to in a mail command, the
>> autoreply is sent to $reply_address which is either $from or
>> $reply-to.
>
>The docs forget to say that Resent- headers override.

I see ;-)

What I seem to need is a possibility to have $header_Reply-to: or
$header_From:, disregarding Resent- headers. Since the user variables
are numeric only, I can't build my own $reply_address. So I probably
am forced to use something like

if $header_Reply-to: is "" then
mail ... to $header_Reply-To: ...
else
mail ... to $header_From: ...
endif

with the "..." being the same in both mail statements.

That's ugly. Is there any chance to do it more elegantly?

Greetings
Marc