Re: [Exim] abuse.net relay test giving false positive on exi…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] abuse.net relay test giving false positive on exim
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:42:45 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:36:17PM +0000,
>Marc Haber <exim-users.exim.org@???> is thought to have said:
>> As you might know, abuse.net offers a relay check service that can be
>> invoked after registering with them. They claim that their test is the
>> only test doing all tests that ORBS uses to identify open relays.
>
>Not quite true. There are minor differences between the two.

ORBS says that the abuse.net test is a little bit wider .

>Also ORBS
>doesn't list an open relay as open until it's received the message back
>from the checked server.

Right. And it still is a good thing to see a "doesn't relay"
confirmation from the abuse.net tester. Unfortunately, the tester
aborts on the first accepted message, so one never sees the results of
the later tests.

>> However, doing that test on my new exim relay host fails on test
>> number 6:
>
>I can't find the page on abuse.net, but I believe it says that a 2xx final
>response code *may* be an indication of an open relay, not that it is open
>for sure.

The URL of the tester is http://www.abuse.net/relay.html, and yes, it
says that the host _may_ be open but doesn't continue testing after
the first accepted message.

>> Why does exim accept that message while directing could take place
>> immediately during the SMTP dialog, faciliating rejection of the
>> message at that time? Is there some configuration that can be changed?
>
>receiver_verify?

receiver_try_verify is less severe and yields the desired "All tests
performed, no relays accepted". Thanks.

Greetings
Marc