Re: [Exim] abuse.net relay test giving false positive on exi…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] abuse.net relay test giving false positive on exim
On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:36:17PM +0000,
Marc Haber <exim-users.exim.org@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi!
>
> As you might know, abuse.net offers a relay check service that can be
> invoked after registering with them. They claim that their test is the
> only test doing all tests that ORBS uses to identify open relays.

Not quite true. There are minor differences between the two. Also ORBS
doesn't list an open relay as open until it's received the message back
from the checked server.

> However, doing that test on my new exim relay host fails on test
> number 6:

I can't find the page on abuse.net, but I believe it says that a 2xx final
response code *may* be an indication of an open relay, not that it is open
for sure.

> The test gives the following log entries:
>
> So basically, exim accepts the message to find out milliseconds later
> that the local part doesn't exist. It tries to generate a bounce to a
> non-existent local address and then proceeds to freeze that bounce.

makes sense.

> Why does exim accept that message while directing could take place
> immediately during the SMTP dialog, faciliating rejection of the
> message at that time? Is there some configuration that can be changed?

receiver_verify?

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality