Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Robb
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > i guess that the administration becomes difficult when you put
> > a hundrets of domains in the config file.
> >
> > is ther no easier way?
>
> Yes. As I pointed out, you could use a lookup and $domain_data. I didn't
> have time to work this fully through.

Hmm. I'll play with that idea. It'll be a bit painful though - currently
all the aliasing and virtual domain info is in one file. Splitting it up's
easy enough (they start life seperately anyway)...

How will this work when I'm trying to do the following? :

bob@???: acme1@???
jane@???: acme2@???
*@acme.com: acme3@???

bob and jane work fine, but *@acme.com still suffers from the current
problem. If I were to move acme.com to a seperate transport/director pair,
won't it break?

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
search_type = dbm*@
include_domain = true
expand = true
forbid_file = true
forbid_pipe = true
headers_add = "X-Rcpt-To: $original_local_part@$original_domain"

That's how I'm doing it at the moment.

> I also pointed out that if the mailbox was local it was even easier.

Mmm... the actual mailboxes are on another machine.
I'll explain the setup a bit more:

There are two machines acting as MX, which deal with all virtually hosted
domains and the associated mailboxes. The MXs also do all of the local
aliasing for @ihug.co.nz addresses.

Then, they do a interesting hack which splits the mail (which at this
point, having been through all the aliasing etc is all destined for
user@???), to ${local_part}@${length_1:$local_part}.pop.ihug.co.nz
[1]

So that way, mail is spread across multiple back-end storage servers. POP
is proxied through some custom pop-proxy software which forwards POP
connections to the appropriate back-end host.

All Linux based :)

[1] This isn't perfect - it screws up when people put " and < marks where
they shouldn't. I need to fix these addresses, probably in rewrite rules.

David Robb
---
Senior Network Engineer
IHUG NZ

"The Earth is a single point of failure"