Re: [Exim] Sender verification and A records

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sender verification and A records
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:49:51 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Marc Haber wrote:
>> |250 warning: temporarily unable to resolve sender address: accepted unverified <spamtest@???>
>
>> |mh@q[2/502]:~$ host -t ANY mailrelay.example.com
>> |mailrelay.example.com    A       ip.ip.ip.ip

>That does not prove the absence of an MX record unless your local
>nameserver is authoritative for the zone. "ANY" is a snare and a
>delusion. It means "give me all the records you happen to have for this
>domain".

There is no MX record for that host.

>> Obviously, sender address verification is done by doing MX lookup
>> only.
>
>Not true. Sender address verification is done by running the address
>through the directors and routers. Whether it uses MX or A record is a
>function of the configuration.

I see.

When I run exim -bt test@???, I get
"test@??? cannot be resolved at this time: remote
host address is the local host". The machine is a relay only box and
shouldn't do any local deliveries. Only director is system_aliases
with an aliasfile that aliases postmaster and root away from the box,
local_domain is localhost only.

Greetings
Marc