Re: [Exim] Preventing procmail induced mail loops

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nick O'Brien
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Preventing procmail induced mail loops
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Nick O'Brien wrote:

> Quite a few of our users have set up .forward files which filters their
> mail through procmail where their .procmailrc file forwards the mail to
> another accounts as well as saving the mail in their local inbox, e.g.

Dangerous for loops, as you have found, since procmail creates a new
message.

> The side effect is that the user's inbox grows to a huge size,
> ignoring the quotas set in Exim obviously as the mail is being delivered
> by procmail, and the system load average often climbs to a worrying level.

Can you not set system quotas?

> After looking at the Exim mailing list archives, am I right in thinking
> that there is nothing within Exim we can do to prevent this happening?

The only thing I can think of is to do some subtle checking in an Exim
system filter file.

OR don't allow bounce messages (those whose envelope senders are empty)
to go via procmail. (Not quite sure how to specify that.)