Re: [Exim] host lists and arbitrary host masks

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] host lists and arbitrary host masks
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 11:14:55 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>Since you are prepared to scan your file linearly (I assume, therefore,
>that it is not very big),

When I introduce a new feature, I usually use lsearch because it's
easiest to debug and one does not need to rebuild databases in debug
cycles. However, most lookups stay lsearch until I see impact on
performance which I never have seen nowadays.

No, I don't intend to have my own RBL and I don't expect that block
list to ever exceed a screenful worth of data.

But I can think of situation where one would need a hostlist of that
style that can be bigger, like the list of host_accept_relay entries
of a medium sized ISP.

Is there a reason why this is not natively supported by exim in the
form I'd like to see? Maybe I am missing something, and I assume one
would have to do up to 33 database lookups to verify if an address is
listed in a host list that way, but even that seems more elegant than
having 33 lookup entries in the host list itself.

Maybe one could have a net<number-range>-<searchtype> entry like
"net24-28-lsearch" if one knows that only /24, /25, /26, /27 and /28
entries are in the database file?

Greetings
Marc