Re: [Exim] Command unrecognized

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Schmadlak, Jürgen
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Command unrecognized
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, "Schmadlak, Jürgen" wrote:

> ---
>     xyz@???:
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:
>     <xyz@???> SIZE=3366:
>     host newgate.actel.com [204.33.72.16]:
>     500 Command unrecognized:
>     "\001\001\b"
> ---

> Is the Problem on my Side or is this a Problem of actel.com?

It looks like somewhere in between. From that output one can deduce that
Exim sent

MAIL FROM:<xyz@???> SIZE=3366

and the server received junk (the three characters with code values 1,
1, 8 (backspace).

This kind of data mangling has been seen with firewalls and sometimes
with broken routers. I connected to the host myself and tried the
experiment: it all worked correctly.