Re: [Exim] Mailing List

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Paul T. McNally
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailing List
nally@??? said:
> qmail has an agent to manage a mailing list called ezmail.
> Does exim have anything like that?

Not as such. However pretty much all the standard MLM programs work
just fine with exim.

ezmlm is probably pretty tied to qmail, although I suspect it will work
with any MTA which can do VERP although this may take some work. Its
very nice in the sense of its pretty much maintenance free wrt to
bounce processing - probably more so than any other package. The down
side of this is that to handle bounce processing like this you need
VERP, which may, depending on your list demographics, substantialy
increase your bandwidth requirements**. The downside is that it uses
single purpose addresses - ie one for subscription, one for unsub,
which confuses naiive users - but then most MLMs do that anyhow.

This list uses Mailman, with some success, although its not perfect.

Mailman is at http://www.list.org/

    Nigel.

** VERP, multiple deliveries per SMTP transaction etc has become very
much a religious issue.  VERP does have some very nice features for
handling who bounces were generated for on a list, but it requires each
list member is sent their own copy of the mail rather than the
deliveries being clustered.  This certainly uses more bandwidth in
theory and I believe it does in practice from analyses I have done
previously on my list base.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]