Re: [Exim] Re: several messages

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: several messages
Quoth Richard Kettlewell on Mon, Feb 21, 2000:
> On a SunOS 5.6 system here, experimentation shows that an unset or
> null TZ causes date(1) to look in /etc/default/init (which is a
> symlink to /etc/TIMEZONE) for the TZ= line.
>
> (Assuming date(1) just uses the standard Libc time handling routines)
> the conclusion has to be that killing TZ is not sufficient.

It is sufficient. /etc/TIMEZONE is the default time for the
machine. And God help me understand why Slowlaris has both
/etc/TIMEZONE and /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo/localtime.

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.