Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
Quoth Anand Buddhdev on Mon, Feb 21, 2000:
> I don't want to start any wars here,

Nor do I.

> but qmail outputs logs without any
> timestamps, and leaving the timestamping to any program of our choice,
> including syslog (yuck), accustamp and multilog.

Well, I don't think Exim tomestamps when it logs using syslog.
Or does it?

> > "grep vadik@ /var/exim/log/mainlog"
>
> I generally do something like:
>
> grep arb@??? /var/log/qmail-send/current | tai64nlocal
>
> or
>
> tai64nlocal < /var/log/qmail-send/current | less
>
> It's not too different, and just takes a little getting used to. After a
> while, you won't even notice it.

But then, most other logs are in local time. So it would
probably be reasonable to make local time the default, and
provide UTC as an option.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.