Re: [Exim] Extreme weirdness

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James Cronin
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Extreme weirdness
Wotcha,

> I'm looking at this. It looks to me as though there is a problem with
> some firewalling proxy on their incoming mail routing - it definitely
> is not affecting other people - even those that are sent their messages
> in the same mailman transaction set as scot. That means its either a
> problem with the exim.org SMTP sender (very highly unlikely considering
> how much mail that sends), or on the IP link or within scot's network.
>
> When I have an answer I'll post info to the list, but there is probably
> not a great deal of use discussing it here for now.

I don't think we were suggesting that it's a fault at exim.org, but
I see this quite a lot when receiving MIME mails that have
charsets different from my own. (but not everytime) I've never seen it
on a mail that didn't have a MIME header.

The mail that you just sent (which was similarly trashed) had the following
MIME headers:

Whereas I'm using ISO-88wotsit.

Could be the Cisco PIX's, but I instinctively doubt that, a lot of people
use that feature. We've disabled it now. So will see if there's any
difference. I can't see why it'd care about charsets or MIME ever though...

We have two machines: mx1.boo.com and mx2.boo.com running Exim 3.02

James.
xx