Re: [Exim] Exim filter db lookups - full stop

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim filter db lookups - full stop
NNigel Metheringham wrote:

>    if message has come through one of the listed relays
>        check each ip-address/name in received headers against \
>        spam sender blacklist

Yes, that's basically it. Because so many spammers give fictive
addresses, IP literals are paramount. Exim's standard check, as we use
it, will look up an IP literal from a domain literal. If he can't find
it, he'll check in an exception list that we give him. If the IP
number's not in that, he'll refuse the mail with a 220, postmaster can
still be contacted. That last would be out with what we want to to with
relayed spam, since he'd simply accept the mail and save it to a
cesspool.

> so you really need to be able to iterate through ip addresses,
> hostnames or mail addresses found in received (or other format
> headers)...

That would be great.

> This would be analogous to the "foranyaddress" in the filter -
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/filter_26.html

As far as I can see from rfc822, section 6, this pertains to domain
literals, not to IP literals. So foranyaddress wouldn't work for us.
Though please correct me if I'm wrong; please?

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw
Randstad 2157