[Exim] routing over an entire message.

Author: Dave
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] routing over an entire message.
I'm currently using a domainlist router in my exim config to great
success.
Emails are in the form:-

user@???

I'm doing a lookup in a DBM file, using nodename.company.com as key and
forwarding the email onto the destionation host.
All pretty standard stuff.

However, suppose my emails are of the form:

user@???

and I would still want to route emails to individual machines.
ie, have a centeral mail hub that forwards emails to a mail server
in each department, how would I do this?

The localuser director would be fine under normal operation,
but in my case company.com is not in $local_domains (its set in
$relay_domains). The MX record for company.com is also set to
the mail hub.

One road I could see working is aliasing each

user1@??? to user1@???
user2@??? to user2@???

while this would work, I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas.

tia.

ian.