[Exim] Behaviour of Exim and sender_verify

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Richardson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Behaviour of Exim and sender_verify
When exim processes an incoming message it looks like it waits
until after the message body (DATA) is received before doing the
sender verify check on the sender's address. If it fails it returns
the 451 error message at that point.

The people here looking after our Novell servers are having a problem
with the Mercury MTA when it sends a mail with a bad sender address to
exim. They are theorising that Mercury expects the 451 message directly
after the sender's address ,and *before* the message body, is sent.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound reasonable? Is
Exim's behaviour consistent with any RFCs?

Thanks

Mike

Btw, thanks to the people who helped with my mail queue deleting
problem.
Copyright 2000 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor@???, 0161 275-6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless