[Exim] database lookups & cdbs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: sysadmin
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] database lookups & cdbs
Following on from my earlier post and Philips response, I started reading
the "exim hangs on too many emails" thread, ending with Nigels post.

Would it seem sensible therfore that as a general rule anyone wanting to do
lookups (NIS, LDAP or other, etc.) for variables like "local_domains" should
really generate a cdb file from their master database periodically and
atomically move the new cdb to replace the existing cdb?

This way you get the speed advantages of using a local file based lookup,
but also retaining the dynamic nature of database lookups (although this
will depend on how often you rebuild your cdb files)

d.