Re: [Exim] SMTP to a dynamically allocated IP?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ken Steven
To: Ken Steven, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] SMTP to a dynamically allocated IP?
Ok. I am getting somewhere.

My client is dialing-up to us using M$Excange and being allocated a dynamic
IP.

I can capture his IP by greping the Radius log file.

Problem now is how to get Exim to understand that the clients machine is
"allocated"
that IP address.

I can open the DNS file for the domain he is trying to retrieve mail for and
re-write the
MX record to point to that IP address then HUP named - afterwards re-writing
the DNS
again but this seems a bit cludgy to me.

Is there a way to make Exim understand that it should send the mail to my
client on
an ETRN request via the captured IP?

Currently I am trying to use

smtp_etrn_command = /usr/local/exim/bin/dynamic_etrn $domain

where dynamic_etrn simply gets the currently allocated IP address
for that user but I am stumped at how to return the IP address for
the clients machine other than re-writing the DNS file for the domain
he is trying to collect mail for.

Any ideas?

Ken.