Re: [Exim] whishlist: move_frozen_messages

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: office graz - inode
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] whishlist: move_frozen_messages
On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 03:44:44PM +0100,
> robert rotman <rotman@???> is thought to have said:
>

> > hi,
> >
> > why do other mailers (eg. sendmail) do not produce frozen messages?
>
> Because they're rather bounce it as undeliverable to
> postmaster@???
>
> > exim makes much work for me to remove the frozen message every day.
> > i'll like to go on holliday but who removes the tons of frozen messages
> > ? ;)
>
> Is it any more work than to clean out those messages from your postmaster
> mailbox? At least exim gives you a chance to find and fix the underlying
> problem so that the frozen message can actually be delivered. That, in my
> mind, is a decided improvement over sendmail's way of doing things.

yes of course it's easier to type the "d-button" in pine than to log in
into another machine and start exim with commandline options which you
should remember and the fuzzy out the right msg-ID
(once it happens that i deleted the wrong message).

99% of thees frozen messages haf an emty return-path and sent to the wrong
username.

never had - except in trial out a new config - frozen messages which had
other reasons.

the best way, IMHO is:
set option "move_frozen_messages"
set option "remove_move_frozen_messages 14d" (whishlist;)
send a notification to the postmaster when a frozen message is moved.
(is that possible?)