Re: [Exim] whishlist: move_frozen_messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: robert rotman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] whishlist: move_frozen_messages
On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 03:44:44PM +0100,
robert rotman <rotman@???> is thought to have said:

> hi,
>
> why do other mailers (eg. sendmail) do not produce frozen messages?

Because they're rather bounce it as undeliverable to
postmaster@???

> exim makes much work for me to remove the frozen message every day.
> i'll like to go on holliday but who removes the tons of frozen messages
> ? ;)

Is it any more work than to clean out those messages from your postmaster
mailbox? At least exim gives you a chance to find and fix the underlying
problem so that the frozen message can actually be delivered. That, in my
mind, is a decided improvement over sendmail's way of doing things.

> could there be a button in eximmon to "switch" to the `Finput' and
> `Fmsglog' to have a look whats going on there?

I don't use eximon, but it sounds like it may be useful to so something
like that.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality