Re: [Exim] Just an idea, maybe for wishlist

Author: Kai Henningsen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Just an idea, maybe for wishlist
ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote on 03.02.00 in <Pine.SOL.3.96.1000203162014.29210L-100000@???>:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Frank Elsner wrote:
>

> > Add the error message from the last delivery attempt to the warning
> > message for delayed mails.
>
> That would have to be "attempts" in general. I know it's usually just
>                               ^
>                               ^
> one address in a message that gets delayed, at least, when mailing lists
> aren't involved, but there could be any number.

> I think I agree that it would be too confusing. But I'll see what views
> are expressed here.

I guess it depends on the expected target group. In some environments,
this makes more sense than in others.

I expect in most installations, delay warnings would only ever get sent to
local users, and so it depends on what your local users are like. (Big MX
servers are different.)

Maybe it's just a question of picking the right wording?

"Expert information: sending is currently blocked because: <cause>"?

MfG Kai