Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Richard G. Duvall
Cc: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)
rgd@??? said:
> Well, we get many calls a day to our tech support line, but it's not
> always the same customer. I have never seen it myself personally, so
> I am kind of working in the dark as well. What happens is a customer
> calls in and says that they receive a message a week after it was
> sent. I just got another customer a few minutes ago saying that 80%
> of their test messages they send get there, but 20% shows up a few
> days later...

Get a set of these test messages *including* all the headers (both fast
and slow messages). Go through the received headers and see where the
delay occurred (even if the clocks are strange on the intermediate
boxes this should be visible by the differences between fast and slow
messages). You can then identify the system thats keeping hold of the
messages, and if its under your control you can go through the logs on
that machine identifying what happened to that message.

If the box isn't under your control you have then proved that its SEP.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]