Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Southam
Para: Richard G. Duvall
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:56:03PM -0800 Richard G. Duvall wrote :

> Well, we get many calls a day to our tech support line, but it's not
> always the same customer. I have never seen it myself personally, so I am
> kind of working in the dark as well. What happens is a customer calls in
> and says that they receive a message a week after it was sent. I just got
> another customer a few minutes ago saying that 80% of their test messages
> they send get there, but 20% shows up a few days later...

Hi,

You are expecting slightly psychic behaviour here ;-). Follow a logical path.
The customer who complained, get them to forward the mail in question with
full headers to yourself and examine the received headers at the top. From
that you should be able to work out where the delay was.

You could also try and establish what sort of mail is affected: is it local
mail, smtp mail etc.

You could also try sending some tests to the customer who has seen the problem
and keep an eye on the queue and logs. You can use exim -d9 -bt
customer@mydomain type constructs to see what exim would do with a specific
address.

--
Ian