Re: [Exim] Looking at Exim for anti-spam filtering

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Lorens Kockum
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Looking at Exim for anti-spam filtering
On 2 Feb 2000, Lorens Kockum wrote:

> On exim-users J.Goldberg@??? wrote:
> > 4.2.5 Reply Codes After DATA and the Subsequent <CRLF>.<CRLF>
> >[...]
> > When an SMTP server returns a permanent error status (5yz) code after
> > the DATA command is completely with <CRLF>.<CRLF>, it MUST NOT make
> > any further attempt to deliver the message. As with temporary error
> > status codes, the SMTP client retains responsibility for the message,
> > but SHOULD not again attempt delivery to the same server without user
> > review and intervention of the message.
>
> Perfect :-)

It would be if MTAs complied. I believe that there has been some
discussion on this list of the fact that some MTAs don't take a 500 after
DATA appropriately and treat it as a temporary error.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814