Re: [Exim] local-part testing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: uk
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] local-part testing
uk@??? said:
> I am not subscribed to this list but I got an important question:

This is rather poor list etiquette.

> We are looking for an exim mechanism to test, if a local part of an
> email address at a remote host is valid or not.

> For example: A user gives us his emailaddress kdjfiueirui87@???.
> How can we find out if this is a valid local user of AOL or not
> without sending him a testmail?

You cannot. This isn't an exim problem - the only way you can test if
a remote address can receive mail is by sending mail to it.

You might, for a few sites, be able to get a set of rules for formats
of valid local parts and test for matches against those - but this is a
dangerous and likely to break technique.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]