Re: [Exim] Long usernames

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Cherubini Enrico
CC: exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Long usernames
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Cherubini Enrico wrote:

> I read on archives of the mailing list, and I saw someone talking about a
> variable similar to exim_long_user_name. I searched for in in sources too
> but have not found anything...where should I have to check for it ? Where to
> put it in exim.conf ?

What you are remembering is a feature to cope with *short* user names,
not long ones. Exim has no limit on user names. Some operating systems
check only the first n (usually n=8) characters of usernames, so that
tweedledum and tweedledee appear to be the same. Exim has an option
(max_user_name_length) which says "if a local part is longer than n
characters, then it cannot be a user name".