Re: [Exim] defer all local deliveries

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steve Haslam
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] defer all local deliveries
On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 01:39:55PM +0000, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Steve Haslam wrote:
>
> > I can't think of an easy one-line way to do it, but if you set up a
> > partial-lsearch alias file, you could say:
> >
> > *: :defer: Moving mailboxes
>
> The problem with that is that I'll defer things that should bounce as
> unknown user.

Point.

OK, well, as someone suggested, change the mailbox path in some way so
that Exim can't write to the mailboxes, e.g. :

directory = /NOWHERE/${local_part}/Maildir

produces:

LOG: 0 MAIN
== shaslam@localhost T=maildir_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: cannot create /NOWHERE/shaslam/Maildir

which is ugly, but works. Although it freeze messages. erk.

Maybe set queue_only to avoid doing any deliveries? You'll have to
halt your queue runners too. But that would stop mail going out, which
probably isn't what you want either...

Stop Exim recognising that domain as local and set
queue_remote_domains on it?

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head