Re: [Exim] compilation of exim with mysql

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] compilation of exim with mysql
On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 05:12:53PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Steve Haslam wrote:

> > > This means that your mysql library path is not included
> > > in the file /etc/ld.so.conf. Add the mysql library path to this file and
> > > run /sbin/ldconfig.
> >
> > Or add "-R/path/to/libs/" to LOOKUP_LIBS as well as the "-L" flag.
>
> No, that's a compile-time thing. This is an inability to find a shared
> library at run-time.

That's what the -R flag is for- specifying where the libraries can be
found at run-time. Solaris also allows you to set LD_RUN_PATH

e.g. our postgresql executables are linked with
"LD_RUN_PATH=/opt/postgresql/lib", which is equiv to
"-R/opt/postgresql/lib":

bash$ ldd -s /opt/postgres/bin/psql

   find library=libpq.so; required by /opt/postgres/bin/psql
    search path=/opt/postgres/lib  (RPATH from file /opt/postgres/bin/psql)
    trying path=/opt/postgres/lib/libpq.so
        libpq.so =>      /opt/postgres/lib/libpq.so

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head