[Exim] compilation of exim with mysql

Author: Dave Rigby
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] compilation of exim with mysql
I'm been using exim for some time as a mail server, but I've been trying
to implement mysql support. Exim compiles fine without the LOOKUP_MYSQL
directive , but awhen I enable it, the software appears to compile OK,
but when I try to run exim, I get the following error: -

./exim: error in loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so: cannot
open shared object file: no such file or directory

I'm pretty sure that the LOOKUP_LIBS directive in the Makefile is OK, as
exim will compile without any errors. San anyone help at all?

Thanks

David Rigby

drigby@???