Re: [Exim] mbx locking

Author: Ray Miller
To: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mbx locking
On Thu Jan 27 13:29:14 2000, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> I posted a mail to the list recently, saying that the locking options on
> mbx_format were "broken". Phil agreed that there was a bug, but my
> workaround of:
> [...]
> works for me.

Yes, I saw your original message. As I understand it, the bug you
encountered meant that exim was not using mbx locking by default as it
should. Debug information shows that in my case exim is trying to get
an mbx-style lock. It tries several times for the lock but, because of
resource contention, never succeeds.

I don't think this is related to the bug you found, but thanks for the
information.

Ray.
--
Ray Miller <ray.miller@???>