Re: [Exim] Aliasfile access under custom uid

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andromeda
To: Exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Aliasfile access under custom uid
At 13:53 19/01/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there any current (or future) way to have the aliasfile be accessed
>by another uid? It sure would be useful for letting users manage
>their own alias lists...

Not as far as I know, but as far as I know, Exim only requires READ rights
to the alias file, so if you use soft links to link the alias files that
each user is allowed to fiddle with, to name in their home directory, and
set them as owner of the alias file you don't have problems.

I tested this and it works :)

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/
Home of Search & Replace 98