[Exim] Aliasfile access under custom uid

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Aliasfile access under custom uid
Hi,

I'm sure this questions has come up before, but I can't find reference
in my list archive.

Currently, it doesn't appear that the aliasfile director permits
the configuration of a custom uid/gid for reading the aliasfile itself.
Rather, it assumes the exim uid/gid, and then only switches uid's to
the "user" spec when passing on to the appropriate transport.

I assume this has something to do with the setuid model Exim uses, but
thought I would ask anyway:

Is there any current (or future) way to have the aliasfile be accessed
by another uid? It sure would be useful for letting users manage
their own alias lists...

Regards, Dean

--
Dean A. Brooks                         Email: dean@???
IgLou Internet Services, Inc.          Voice: (502) 966-3848