Re: [Exim] Exim design flaw? (code 550 for bad sender addr…

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Ralf G. R. Bergs
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim design flaw? (code 550 for bad sender addresses)
rabe@??? said:
> I'm fetching my mail from my pop mailboxes using fetchmail 4.5.2.
> Fetchmail feeds the downloaded messages via SMTP to Exim. However, if
> there is a message with a non-valid sender address Exim correctly(!)
> refuses to accept it, BUT it replies with 550. This indicates to
> fetchmail a permanent failure (such as "mailbox not available,") and
> thus Fetchmal correctly(?) ceases further processing of mail for the
> respective recipient ("SMTP listener doesn't like recipient address

My version of fetchmail  (5.0.1) documents 550 as a return code to be
used for unwanted spam addresses.  I also understand that these codes
can be included in the fetchmailrc file:-
    antispam 571 550 501 554
is in my file (generated with fetchmailconf).

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]