Re: [Exim] problem with transport_filter

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Holger Wöhle
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem with transport_filter
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Holger Wöhle wrote:

> i have a problem writing a transport-filter:

> SMTP>>writing message and terminating "."...
> process 2834 running as transport filter
> process 2835 writing to transport filter
> writing data block size=542 timeout=300
> copying from the filter
> writing data block size=617 timeout=300
> Waiting for filter process
> waiting for writing process
> end of filtering transport writing: yield=1

This is not a problem. The value of "yield" is TRUE, meaning it thinks
it did the transporting successfully.

> ok=0 send_quit=0 send_rset=1 continue_more=0 yield=2 first_address=0

                                               ^^^^^^^
Something went wrong after writing the data via the filter. Did it take
a long time at this point? It is supposed to wait for a final response,
and it might time out if the data was mangled.

I will do some experiments with the transport filter when I get a
chance, and see if I can find any problem with it. The standard test
runs OK. Did you say which version of Exim you were using, by the way?