[Exim] mailman

Author: Milos Prudek
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] mailman
I can't make mailman work with exim. I always get a mail loop
between,mailman machine and internal mailserver. My setup:

1. primary_hostname, qualify_domain, qualify_recipient all commented
out.
2.
local_domains = nembv.cz
relay_domains = hp-bv.nembv.cz
host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1:localhost:hp-bv.nembv.cz:bsdbv.nembv.cz

3.
Main cause of mailman problems is IMHO the following router
configuration, which I use because all outgoing mail is being received
by internal mailserver running old version of sendmail (hp-bv.nembv.cz)
which is not visible on the Internet, and then forwarded to exim
(bsdbv.nembv.cz). In order do decide whether mail should be forwarded to
hp-bv.nembv.cz or our ISP's gateway vitis.bv.anet.cz I use route_list,
which seems to cause headache to mailman... this is the config:

send_to_gateway:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "*.nembv.cz hp-bv.nembv.cz byname; * vitis.bv.anet.cz
byname"

send_to_gateway is the first router in router configuration. The second
and last one is:

literal:
driver = ipliteral
transport = remote_smtp

The rest of my config is just the original exim.conf from the
distribution archive, with commands described in mailman-exim howto.

--
Milos Prudek