Re: [Exim] receiver_verify and require_files problem

Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] receiver_verify and require_files problem
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> configuration. When verifying an address, do you really care if the user
> is a procmail user or not? Presumably not. Therefore, why not put
> no_verify on that director - cf the default userforward director.

Coming back to this now that I have some time. I do actually care
about procmail or not at verify time.

I use suffixes like pir-foo. If a user has a .procmailrc any -foo
is valid. If not, it isn't.

I obviously can't tell if pir-foo is valid if the permissions on ~pir
don't allow it (so currently I have a verify_only that verifies
username-*) but I'd like to reject invalid suffixes if the
permissions allow it.

I was thinking about making procmail no_verify and having a
procmail_verify verify_only that would reject if it could be sure
and accept verification otherwise ...

This would seem to require the opposite effect to + in require_files,
like so:

procmail_verify:
driver = localuser
suffix = DSUFFIX*
suffix_optional
require_files = "${local_part}:-${home}/.procmailrc"
verify_only

Where - acts like + but assumes the file exists if it gets EACCS instead
of assuming it doesn't exist ...

Ah, Philip, any chance of a code addition ? :)

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???