Re: [Exim] Exim rejects connections from hosts with multiple…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Duncan Bennett
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim rejects connections from hosts with multiple IP addresses
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Duncan Bennett wrote:

> 1999-12-08 22:27:17 connection from [209.119.1.41] refused
> (209.119.1.41 does not match any IP address for lime.ease.lsoft.com)

What this means is that Exim looked up the name from the IP address,
because of some requirement to find out the name - maybe you have some
wildcard setting in host_reject - and then, having found the name, it
did a forward lookup on it to double-check, and did not get back the
address it started with.

> I'm left to think that the problem must be with my Exim configuration
> or my DNS.

I tried setting

host_reject = *.rhubarb.custard

in order to force a name lookup, and then ran

exim -bh 209.119.1.41

which worked, producing this output

**** SMTP testing session as if from host 209.119.1.41
**** Not for real!

>>> host in host_lookup? no (option unset)
>>> looking up host name for 209.119.1.41
>>> IP address lookup yielded lime.ease.lsoft.com
>>> host in host_reject? no (end of list)

which shows that in this case, on my machine, the DNS looking up and
checking all seemed to work. Try running

exim -bh 209.119.1.41

and see what the output is.