Re: [Exim] Exim performance and capacity

Author: yann
To: root
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim performance and capacity
On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 10:20:03AM +0000, root wrote:
> > Planet is hosting freeserve (as you might be aware off) and we are using
> > exim without any major problems. We host 2 million users, so about 10
> > million emails a day -- or something like that ;>
> Thanks for yor response, but how many servers do you need to handle this
> load?

Depends how you are spliting them all up and what the servers are. For
your one million mail a day, I would expect a couple of servers (big
ones) doing incoming mail and about 4-6 doing smtp/pop. Of course if you
are doing IMAP, then more servers would be nice.

What are you using for data storage?

--
Yann Golanski                               Internet Systems Developer
PGP: www.kierun.org/pgp/key                 Postmaster for the Planet Online