Re: [Exim] Aliases for multiple domains

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Cantrell (at home)
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Aliases for multiple domains
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, David Cantrell (at home) wrote:

> How can I achieve this without having to create three sets of aliases, one
> for each domain? If necessary, I can forward my exim/configure and aliases
> files.

RTFAQ:

Q0405: On a host that accepts mail for several domains, do I have to use fully
       qualified names in /etc/aliases or do I have to set up an alias file for
       each domain?

A0405: You can do it either way. If you use a single file, you must set
       "include_domains" on the aliasfile director. If you use a separate file
       for each domain you can use a single director with an option such as

         file = /etc/aliases/$domain

       (as in C007), or you can have several different directors, each one with

         domains = domain1:domain2:...

       so that each one processes certain domains only. That way you could have
       several domains sharing an alias file. All of this assumes that you want
       have different aliases for each domain. If all the domain names are in
       effect just synonyms, you don't need to do anything other than ensure
       they all match something in local_domains.